General Terms and Conditions
- The following general terms and conditions (GTC) apply to all current and future business relationships and contracts between the Hotel Haus vom Guten Hirten (hereinafter referred to as the hotel) and natural and / or legal persons. The subject matter of the contract is the rental of overnight rooms, conference and / or event rooms, as well as all related additional services.
- Deviating, conflicting, or supplementary terms and conditions do not become part of the contract, even if they are known, unless they are expressly agreed in writing by the hotel.
II. Conclusion of the contract
- By making your booking request, you offer us the conclusion of a corresponding binding contract. The contract is concluded when a confirmation is returned and the hotel's terms and conditions are accepted; in the case of short-term bookings, this can also be done by verbal or telephone confirmation from the hotel.
- The hotel must be notified immediately of any change in the number of participants or the number of rooms booked. The provisions in point VII apply.
- All organizers must send the list of participants to the hotel no later than 2 working days before arrival.
- The hotel is obliged to provide the services promised to the customer and ordered by them.
- The customer / organizer undertakes to pay for the services promised by the hotel and any additional services used. If additional services are used, the prices from the currently valid price list apply; otherwise reasonable remuneration.
- If the hotel procures services or goods from third parties at the request of the customer / organizer, it acts in the name and on the account of the customer / organizer.
- In principle, the organizer and / or guest has no right to a specific room at the Hotel Haus vom Guten Hirten. The hotel reserves the right to occupy the rooms according to their availability. Other arrangements only apply if this has been expressly agreed.
- The hotel must agree to a postponement and / or extension of the agreed start or end times of an event. The resulting additional services are to be appropriately charged to the organizer, unless the hotel is at fault.
- If, after the conclusion of the contract, it turns out that the event threatens to endanger the security, the orderly business operations, and / or the reputation of the hotel, the hotel can withdraw from the contract. This applies in particular if the guest did not provide sufficient information about the event when the contract was concluded. The hotel is also entitled to terminate the contract without notice if force majeure or other reasons for which the hotel is not responsible make it impossible to fulfil the contract or if the organizer surrenders the premises to a third party without the hotel's consent.
- The hotel must inform the organizer promptly of any withdrawal or termination. In these justified cases of withdrawal, the organizer is not entitled to damages; the hotel's claims for damages and reimbursement of expenses remain unaffected.
- We accept no liability for negligent breach of duty insofar as this does not concern essential contractual obligations or damages from injury to life, body, or health or guarantees, or claims under the Product Liability Act are affected. The same applies to breaches of duty on the part of our agents.
- DThe customer / organizer is liable for the careful handling and proper return of the hotel's technical equipment, systems, and rooms.
- If the client not also the organizer or if the organizer has engaged a commercial agent and / or organizer, then they are jointly and severally liable to the hotel.
- No liability is accepted for loss of or damage to any items or exhibits brought into the hotel.
V. Prices and payment methods
- The prices on the price list valid on the date of the event apply.
- The hotel services are payable in cash, by EC card with a PIN, credit card (Visa / Master), or bank transfer after receiving the invoice. Invoices without a due date are payable within 14 days of invoicing without deduction.
- All prices include statutory VAT. The statutory VAT rate applicable at the time the service is provided applies.
- In the event of default in payment, the hotel is entitled to charge the applicable default interest of 8% above the basic rate or, in the case of legal transactions involving an end user, of 5% above the base rate. The hotel reserves the right to provide evidence of greater damage. Furthermore, the hotel is also entitled to charge fees for each reminder.
- The age groups for pricing are as follows: Adults (from 18 years); Young people (from 16–18 years); Young people and children (3–16 years); Toddlers (0–3 years)
VI. Rooms, arrival and departure
- The rooms can usually be occupied from 2:00 pm on the day of arrival. On the day of departure, the rooms must be vacated by 10:00 a.m.
- The bedrooms and group rooms must be left in perfect condition. Damage must be reported immediately to reception.
- In the event of overlapping bookings, the hotel reserves the right to provide the guest with equivalent accommodation outside the hotel at the booked price.
VII. Cancellation Fees
- Booking cancellations of any kind must be made in writing.
- In the event of no-show or cancellation of a booking for overnight stay(s) and / or
conference(s), the following cancellation fees are usually charged: (other, deviating agreements must be made in writing when the quotation is given and / or the reservation is confirmed)
• up to 30 days before the start of the stay: free of charge
• from 30 days to 1 day before the start of the stay (cancellation by 5:59 p.m.): 60% of the accommodation costs
• from 1 day before the start of the stay (cancellation from 6 p.m.): 80% of the accommodation costs
• on the day of arrival or in the event of no-show: 100% of the accommodation costs
- In the case of bookings via an online portal, except for bookings via the hotel’s own homepage (www.hotel-guter-hirte.de), the respective cancellation conditions of the online portal used apply.
- If a conference event is cancelled, the following cancellation fees will be charged:
• within 14 days before the start: 50% of the confirmed package price per booked conference participant
• within 48 hours before the start: 100% of the confirmed package price per booked conference participant
- If the size of a group that received a quantity discount due to the number of participants decreases, the difference between the discounted price and the regular price without the quantity discount on accommodation and catering will be charged. This applies regardless of any cancellation deadlines.
- We recommend taking out travel cancellation insurance.
- It is not permitted to bring food and drinks from outside. In the event of failure to comply, we reserve the right to charge an appropriate corkage fee per person.
IX. Pets, smoking, etc.
- Pets may not be brought onto the premises. Excluded are guide dogs for blind or severely visually impaired hotel guests.
- Smoking is prohibited throughout the hotel premises. The organizer is liable for participants, visitors, employees, vicarious agents, and contractual partners. In the event of non-compliance, the organizer will be charged a fee of €50, as well as for additional cleaning services and, if applicable, cancellation fees for subsequent guest arrivals. The customer is free to prove that the damage was less than €50.00.
X. Technical facilities, conference equipment, and decorations
- Technical facilities and conference equipment are made available by special agreement and on account.
- Faults in the conference equipment, technical facilities, or other facilities provided will be rectified immediately as far as possible. This does not justify any withholding of or reduction in payment.
- It is not permitted to install hardware and software on the hotel’s technical equipment.
- The affixing of decorative material or other objects requires the consent of the hotel. Any decorative material in the broader sense brought onto the premises must meet the fire safety requirements. The guest is liable for damage to the facility or inventory during assembly, dismantling, or the event.
XI. Name of the hotel and the logo of the Haus vom Guten Hirten hotel
- Advertising measures using the name, description, or the logo of our company require our prior written consent.
- Any other use of the hotel’s logo and image material also requires prior written approval.
XII. Data protection
- We collect personal data only if and only to the extent that you provide it to us yourself.
- The data will only be passed on to third parties without your consent if we are legally obliged to do so.
XIII. Final provisions
- Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions be or become wholly or partially invalid or void, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. The wholly or partially invalid provision shall be replaced by a provision whose economic effect corresponds to the intent of the parties, as determined by way of the supplementary interpretation of the contract.
- The statutory provisions shall otherwise apply.
- The place of jurisdiction and performance is Münster. This agreement shall be subject to German law.